Strategically situated in the heart of Peshawar. Bacha Khan International Airportis located approximately 180 km from Islamabad (Capital of Pakistan) and about two hours drive from the capital. During the past decade, the Airport has dramatically improved Airport facilities and infrastructure and increased both passenger and cargo airline services. Bacha Khan International Airportis now widely considered as one of the Pakistan’s Major Airport and a convenient alternative Airport serving the northern areas. Bacha Khan International Airportis served by “Pakistan International Airlines, Shaheen Air International, Emirates Airline, Etihad Airline, Qatar Airways, Gulf Air, Saudi Airline, Air Blue and Air Arabia”. Car rental agencies are located within the Airport premises.
The history of development of Peshawar Airport goes back to 1927 when a small airfield was constructed at this location in 1927. After the creation of Pakistan, it became a joint user airfield of CAA and PAF. The milestone of being an International Airport was achieved in 1965 when the first flight between Kabul and Peshawar was operating.
Based on growing needs, expansion of this airport had been undertaken from time to time. Terminal Building had been extended in 1981 and 1986 to accommodate over 1000 Millions passengers per year and the APRON allows parking of four wide bodied and two smaller aircrafts at a time.
Length of Runway = 9000 ft.
Width of Runway = 150 ft.
Width of Shoulders = 10 ft. (on both sides)
TYPE OF PAVEMENTS
Flexible Type = 8000 ft.
Rigid Type = 1000 ft. (500 ft. each on both ends of runway)
A BRIEF ON THE FACILITIES AND SERVICES AVAILABLE AT PESHAWAR AIRPORT
1) Car parking capacity = 230 vehicles.
2) Welfare Canteen in car parking area = 01
3) PCO in the car parking area = 01
4) Passengers Baggage Trolleys = 577
5) Conveyor Belts = 12
6) Standby Electric Generators = 04
7) Portable Generator Sets = 05
8) Water Coolers System = 1280 Gallons
9) Emergency lights = 600 Watts
10) HVAC System = 600 Tons
11) Hand Dryers = 11 No’s in Lounges
12) Geysers = 11 No’s in Lounges
FLIGHT INFORMATION DISPLAY SYSTEM (FIDS)
Latest state of the art FIDS has been installed to facilitate the passengers about the schedule of flights:-
- Concourse Hall = 04 LED Display Board
- Executive Lounge (Panasonic Plasma) = 02 Nos.
- Domestic / Int’l Departure = 02 Nos. (each)
- Domestic / Int’l Arrivals = 01 No. (each)
- Restaurant = 01 No.
SERVICE AVAILABLE AT PESHAWAR AIRPORT
A. RENT-A-CAR SERVICE
B. PASSENGER FACILITATION SERVICE
C. PASSENGER PROTOCOL SERVICE
D. GIFT SHOP AND SNACK BARS
• National Bank of Pakistan booth is available in the Concourse Hall.
• ATM Machine installed by Allied Bank in the Concourse Hall.
G. TELE BOOTH FACILITIES
H. MONEY CHANGE COUNTER
K. REFRESHMENT COUNTERS
L. INFORMATION COUNTER
M. COMMENTS / SUGGESTION BOXES
N. INTERNET FACILITIES
A Free Internet Facility Counter provided in the following areas of Peshawar Int’l Airport
International Departure = 01
Domestic Departure = 01
Executive Lounge = 01
P. TOURISM COUNTER
Q. HIV & AIDS COUNTERS
R. POST OFFICE
S. LOUNGES / CONCOURSE HALL CAPACITY
a). Domestic Departure = 240 Seats
b). Int’l Departure = 300 Seats
c). Executive Lounge = 68 Seats
d). Concourse Hall = 20 Benches