The role of IT branch is to support and collaborate with other functions of CAA
in order to enable and facilitate them in their working through the latest IT based
systems and software technologies. It is with the aided support of IT branch that
the smooth and timely execution of the daily chores takes place and consequently
the functional equilibrium of the organization is maintained.
The IT branch has taken many endeavors such as automation of the different functions
of the organization, particularly the HR and Finance. The IT Business support service
is also responsible for the IT infrastructure development through LAN/ WAN connectivity
and implementation of different hardware and high end servers.
The main functions/ services of CAA’s IT branch are:
- Planning for strategic and tactical IT/ IS initiatives and projects
- Development of IT/ IS policies, standards and procedures
- Installation, development, enhancement, maintenance and administration of software(s)
- Establishment and administration of databases
- Integration and implementation of hardware and software systems
- Administration of security access
- Administration & support of ERP Oracle Applications/ Modules
Briefly, the challenges can be laid out in the following priority:-
- Automization & Integration of Airport Operations - IT automation
of airport operations management that would allow managing operations from one or
several points using a unique integrated network system. A centralized location
for all operational information generated manually or automatically by external
parties, the system would cater for all airport data including "real time" and history-based
information for every stakeholder at the airport.
- IT Modernization - IT modernization represents the changes that
every organization must face as the generations of technology, skills and expectations
are inevitably replaced by the next ones. Therefore CAA must begin to prepare for
the inevitable impact this will have.
To create a self-reliant knowledge based IT culture thereby helping the organization
in achieving its strategic objectives, goals and targets.
To provide reliable, professional, scalable online business software solutions for
all functions of the CAA.