Dangerous Goods Agents
Director General Pakistan Civil Aviation Authority in pursuance of Civil Aviation
Ordinance 1960; Civil Aviation Ordinance 1982, Air Navigation Order, Civil Aviation
Rules 1994 Technical Instructions for the Safe Transport of Dangerous Goods by Air
(ICAO DOC 9284-AN/905) register interested individuals, Firms and Companies as an
Dangerous Goods Handling Agent / Shipper with CAA Pakistan.
- An Enterprise or Organization incorporated as Company with SECP and having required
knowledge shall be eligible for registration with CAA as DGHA/Shipper.
- An applicant shall submit an application on-line (after taking ID and Password from
AT&ER Directorate Licensing Branch) and also separately on CAA Form CAAF-014-ATNR-1.0,
duly filled, signed and stamped by Chief Executive (CE) of the Company to DAT &
ER along with the following documents:-
- Covering letter on Company’s letterhead duly signed and stamped by CE of the Company,
in which a brief introduction of their business activities shall be given.
- Handling staff of the Agent must have the required training in the field of DGR
from CAA recognized and approved training centers (attested and notarized copies
to be attached).
- Registration processing fee, issue fee and security deposit (refundable) as per
AT Fee Schedule to be deposited in CAA Collection Account No. 0048 -79000740-03,
Habib Bank Ltd., PIA Airport Branch, Karachi, Swift No.HABBPKKA048 or CAA Collection
Account No. C2561-8 held with National Bank of Pakistan, Terminal I Branch, JIAP
Karachi Pay Order, Bank Draft and Online Transfers are also acceptable.
- Notarized / attested copies of CNIC and Photographs of the CE/Directors
- Attested / notarized copy of National Tax Number Certificate (NTN).
- DGHA/Shipper duly certified by IATA (current notarized copy to be attached)
- An inspection visit "at no-cost to PCAA" may be carried out by representatives from
AT&ER and Flight Standard Directorates, to verify the facilities available with
the operator like suitable space, office / communication equipment and the appropriate
staff at the operator’s office.
- Certificate that DGHA/Shipper would obtain NOC from PNRA before shipment of Radio
- Notarized / attested copies of SECP prescribed forms, where applicable.
- The Registration on CAA Form CAAF-011-ATNR-1.1 along with Conditions of the Registration
of Dangerous Goods Handling Agent will be issued to DGHA. Handling Agent would be
fully responsible for the authenticity of the details submitted for registration
and would be liable for penalties under CARs, 94 and relevant ANOs.
RENEWAL OF CERTIFICATE DGHA / SHIPPER
- The Certificate is renewable annually on fulfillment of the following Conditions:-
- A DGHA shall apply online as well as on Company’s letter-head along with CAA Form
CAAF-014-ATNR-1.0 signed by the Chief Executive (CE) of the Company or an authorized
person and paid challan of applicable fee as per AT Fee Schedule addressed to DAT&ER
, HQ CAA, Karachi at least 30 days before its expiry. Failing this the Certificate-holder,
in addition to normal renewal fee, shall pay a surcharge amounting to Rs.1,000/-
per month or part thereof.
- No application for renewal of Certificate shall be entertained after expiry of the
Certificate unless approval/extension as otherwise granted by the D.AT & ER. The
Certificate-holder shall have no right to continue the privileges of the Certificate
unless the justifies such delay to the satisfaction of D.AT & ER. In such delayed
cases, the Certificate may be processed for renewal subject to imposition of a late
surcharge as prescribed.
- The Certificate shall stand cancelled / revoked automatically, if the agent does
not apply for its further renewal for a year after its date of expiry.